The desono™ IC6 is a two-way passive coaxial loudspeaker intended for full range music reproduction in distributed audio applications. Rated for outdoor splash applications such as patios or concourses, it delivers high intelligibility coupled with a wide coverage area; designers can use fewer speakers in a space while maintaining acceptable levels of speech intelligibility. The desono IC6 utilizes a 6-position switchable transformer ranging from 1.875W to 60W for low-impedance bypass and constant-voltage operation, making it an excellent choice for large areas of BGM.
Designed with the installer in mind, the IC6 speaker supports audio connections via either standard category cable or traditional speaker cable. They can also be blind-mounted from below the ceiling, and feature a magnetic grill for easy toolless installation and removal. The grill plates are available in white, black, or red, or can be painted to match the room decor.
- 60W continuous output with a peak power of 240W
- Low profile passive speaker, less than 6 inches (153mm) total depth
- 6-ohm nominal impedance
- 130° coverage angle
- 6-position constant voltage tap (1.875W, 3.75W, 7.5W, 15W, 30W, 60W) with low impedance bypass
- Supports both standard category cables and traditional speaker wiring for audio connections
- Designed for integration with the AMP-450BP (backpack PoE+ amplifier)
- Bridge-mounted 1-inch (25mm) soft dome tweeter
- 6.5-inch (165mm) polypropylene woofer mechanically isolated from the high frequency driver
- Evaluated to the requirements of UL 2043 and is suitable for use in air handling spaces
- IP34 rating — suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- CE marked, UL listed, and RoHS compliant
- Covered by Biamp Systems’ five-year warranty