CALGARY, Alberta, Feb. 15, 2011 - Cisco, the official technology sponsor for the National Hockey League® (NHL), today announced it will be a sponsor of the 2011 Tim Hortons™ NHL Heritage Classic™. As part of the sponsorship, Cisco will be on-site at McMahon Stadium in Calgary on Feb. 19 and 20 to enrich the fan experience through Cisco TelePresence®.
On Sunday, Feb. 20, fans gathered at La Cage Aux Sports in the Bell Centre in Montreal will be connected by Cisco TelePresence technology with Calgary fans gathered at Spectator Plaza – the official fan festival taking place on the ground of the NHL Heritage Classic. The high-definition video collaboration system will allow fans to experience the spirit of the event, challenge each other with NHL® trivia, and chat with NHL alumni including Georges Laraque and Theo Fleury.
- The 2011 Tim Hortons™ NHL Heritage Classic™ pits Montreal against Calgary in Calgary's McMahon Stadium on Feb. 20. More than 40,000 fans are expected to be on hand.
- This year's game is the first outdoor game in Canada since the original NHL Heritage Classic, held Nov. 22, 2003, at Edmonton's Commonwealth Stadium.
- Feb. 19: noon to 6 p.m. MST
- Register on-site to participate in the Cisco Air Hockey Challenge. Play for a chance to win a new NHL team-branded Flip Video® camera.
- Feb. 20: noon to 4 p.m. MST/2 p.m. to 6 p.m. EST
- Cisco Air Hockey Challenge
- Calgary/Montreal trivia challenge over a Cisco TelePresence connection. Montreal fans gathered at La Cage Aux Sports at the Bell Centre will be linked to the Spectator Plaza tent through a Cisco TelePresence endpoint. Fans from both cities will try to stump one another in a hockey trivia challenge, hosted by Georges Laraque in Montreal and Theo Fleury in Calgary.
- Can't be there in person? Follow Cisco on facebook (Cisco Canada) and Twitter (@ciscocanada) for updates on the event, who's there and much more.
- Cisco TelePresence technology creates a live, face-to-face communication experience over the network that empowers participants to collaborate like never before. Cisco TelePresence solutions help people meet, share content, create high-quality video recordings and events, consult with experts and deliver powerful personalized services, all using the power of the network for an immersive in-person experience.
- Cisco TelePresence services were also used at the 2009 NHL All-Star Game in Montreal to allow fans in the arena to chat with NHL players and alumni in the green room.