Orlando, FL, June 12, 2013 – Crestron will introduce AirMedia™, its all-new wireless HD presentation solution for small meeting rooms, at InfoComm® 2013 in Orlando, June 12-14. Featuring simple plug-and-play installation, AirMedia brings presentation, collaboration and content sharing capabilities to small conference rooms, huddle rooms, and offices that aren’t wired for an AV system. AirMedia enables anyone to walk into a room, connect to the existing display over Wi-Fi®, and wirelessly present HD content from their personal smart phone, tablet, or laptop.
“AirMedia turns any room or space into a productive environment by enabling small groups to connect their personal devices wirelessly to the room display and begin collaborating immediately,” said Fred Bargetzi, Crestron VP of Technology. “For IT staff, a simple Ethernet connection from the AirMedia console to the LAN is all that’s needed and your room is ready to go. No additional software, AV equipment or control system is needed.”
AirMedia offers many benefits for today’s team-oriented workplaces such as:
Integrates with Crestron DigitalMedia™ for the ultimate HD solution
- Wirelessly present audio and video content to a room display, or view remotely from a personal smartphone, tablet or laptop
- Collaborate and share content from up to four personal devices simultaneously on one room display
- Inexpensive out-of-the-box solution that easily connects to the network – ideal for smaller spaces where an advanced AV system is not practical
There are three easy ways to present wirelessly with AirMedia:
- Use a laptop and follow the onscreen instructions. Enter the web address displayed on the splash screen to begin a presentation. No pre-installed software is required. This is especially useful for small to mid-size organizations and guest presenters.
- Download the free app to use on a personal mobile device, such as an iPhone® or iPad, to instantly connect to AirMedia. Simply select the file to present on the room display and then swipe through slides on the mobile device.
- For large enterprise applications, IT can push the client executable to all laptops simultaneously via the network.
AirMedia integrates with Crestron DigitalMedia™, control systems, and capture devices as part of a complete enterprise-wide AV distribution solution.
AirMedia allows up to 32 users to connect at the same time in the same room. Simply switch from one presenter to the next using the onscreen button. Collaboration is also easy. Using Quad View, up to four presenters’ content can be displayed simultaneously. Remote View allows participants in other locations to log in from a Web browser to view the presentation.