Saros® speakers by Crestron® deliver professional grade performance and flexible installation in a range of popular sizes for demanding commercial applications. Solid construction, easy installation, and high-end components are hallmarks of the Saros speaker line. Ideal for use in background or foreground music, paging, and sound reinforcement systems, Saros speakers are engineered to achieve smooth, even coverage, high output, and clear, natural sound quality through the employment of horn-loaded titanium dome tweeters, high-efficiency damped cone woofers, ported enclosures, and precisely tuned crossovers.
The Saros IC8LPT model is a 2-way in-ceiling speaker featuring an 8 inch woofer and wide-dispersion, horn-loaded 1" dome tweeter. Its low-profile enclosure allows for installation in constricted ceiling spaces as shallow as 5-1/8" (130mm). A built-in 60W multi-tap transformer allows for use with 70 and 100V distributed speaker systems. Power handling at 8 Ohms is 50W (program), with a frequency response from 65Hz to 20kHz (+/-3dB).
The Saros IC8LPT is smartly designed for quick and easy installation and years of reliable performance. Its "zero-bezel" frameless grille achieves an unobtrusive and contemporary appearance well-suited for use in restaurants and night clubs, retail spaces, houses of worship, convention facilities, universities, and office buildings. Installing the grille requires no hardware or tools, utilizing powerful magnets to hold it in place. A safety tether is included to prevent the grille from ever falling from the ceiling.
Unitized construction of the speaker enclosure simplifies specification and installation for use in new and existing ceilings. Mounting the speaker is facilitated using rugged, 2-step swiveling dogs integrated into the enclosure. The mounting dogs feature two positions to accommodate standard and extra thick surfaces up to 2.4" (61mm). A tile bridge is included to provide proper support when installed in a typical drop-tile ceiling. The tile bridge is adjustable to enable off-center speaker positioning, and can be folded to fit through the speaker cutout in blind-mount situations. Two rigging points are also provided on the side of the speaker enclosure for securing to the building structure using the optional safety tether kit (SPKA-ST-15).
- High-performance, low-profile 2-way in-ceiling speaker
- Requires only 5-1/8" (130mm) mounting depth
- 8" Polypropylene woofer with damped cloth surround for tight, controlled bass and clear midrange
- Optimized dual front ports for enhanced low-frequency response
- Wide-dispersion, horn-loaded titanium dome tweeter for crisp, clear high-end and enhanced pattern control
- Built-in 60W 70/100V multi-tap transformer
- "Zero-bezel" frameless grille for a clean, contemporary appearance
- Integral metal back can with side-entry cable clamp
- Two-step swiveling dog mounting system for quick and easy installation
- Includes tile bridge for installation in a drop-tile ceiling
- Meets the requirements of UL® 2043 for installation in an environmental air-handling space
- 50W Program power handling at 8-ohms
- 95° Nominal coverage pattern
- Available in black or white
- Paintable to blend with surroundings