Saros® Express low-profile speakers are designed to deliver a high-quality, low-cost solution for paging, speech reinforcement, and background music applications. Solid construction and a number of feature enhancements ensure a quick and easy installation and years of reliable performance. Saros Express speakers are engineered to achieve full, even coverage and clear sound quality at a very affordable cost.
It features a 8 inch woofer and wide-dispersion, horn-loaded 1 inch dome tweeter. Its low-profile enclosure allows for installation in constricted ceiling spaces as shallow as 5-1/8 inches (130 mm). A built-in 30 Watt multi-tap transformer allows for use with 70 and 100 Volt distributed speaker systems.
The speakers are smartly designed for quick and easy installation and reliable performance. Its "zero-bezel" frameless grille achieves an unobtrusive and contemporary appearance well-suited for use in restaurants and night clubs, retail spaces, houses of worship, convention facilities, universities, and office buildings.
Unitized construction of the speaker enclosure simplifies specification and installation for use in new and existing ceilings. Mounting the speaker is facilitated using rugged, 2-step toggle clamps integrated into the enclosure. The tile bridge is adjustable to enable off-center speaker positioning, and can be folded to fit through the speaker cutout in blind-mount situations. Two rigging points are also provided on the top of the speaker enclosure for securing to the building structure using the optional safety tether kit.
An integral metal back can is employed to meet the requirements for installation in an environmental air-handling (plenum) space. The wiring connection is accessible behind a rear cover panel by removing a single screw. A cable clamp is also provided. Connecting the wiring behind the cover panel is facilitated using a detachable screw terminal block with provisions for easy parallel wiring in a multi-speaker application. Setting the 70/100V transformer tap is performed via a screwdriver-adjustable control located on the front baffle behind the grille.
- Low-profile 2-way in-ceiling loudspeaker
- Requires only 5-1/8” mounting depth
- Dual front ports for enhanced low-frequency response
- Wide-dispersion, horn-loaded dome tweeter
- "Zero-bezel" frameless grille for a clean, contemporary appearance
- Integral metal back can with top and side conduit knockouts
- Two-step toggle clamps for fast, easy installation
- Includes tile bridge for installation in a drop-tile ceiling
- Meets the requirements for installation in an environmental air-handling space
- 95° nominal coverage pattern
- Paintable to blend with surroundings