Saros 2-way in-ceiling speakers to provide extended low-frequency response for music and sound reinforcement applications. Includes the same solid construction and feature enhancements as other Saros models to ensure quick and easy installation.
Saros speakers by Crestron deliver professional grade performance and flexible installation in a range of popular sizes for demanding commercial applications. Solid construction, easy installation, and high-end components are hallmarks of the Saros speaker line. Ideal for use in background or foreground music, paging, and sound reinforcement systems, Saros speakers are engineered to achieve smooth, even coverage, high output, and clear, natural sound quality.
The Saros ICS8T model is an 8 inch in-ceiling subwoofer designed to provide extended low-frequency response for music and sound reinforcement applications. Power handling is 100 Watts (program) at 8 Ohms, with a tailored frequency response of 45 Hz to 125 Hz (±3 dB) and a usable range down to 35 Hz. A built-in 60 Watt multi-tap transformer allows for use with 70 and 100 Volt distributed speaker systems.
Through careful tuning of its built-in low-pass filter and dual front ports, the Saros ICS8T is optimized to work with Saros 4, 6, and 8 inch full-range speakers without requiring a crossover. This valuable asset allows multiple full-range speakers and subwoofers to be connected to the same speaker line and driven by a single 70 or 100 Volt amplifier, saving considerable cost without compromising performance. Of course, the Saros ICS8T also excels as part of a biamplified sound system such as the Sonnex® Multiroom Audio System, which can be configured to employ a dedicated subwoofer amplifier channel with active 2-way crossover.
The Saros ICS8T is smartly designed for quick and easy installation and years of reliable performance. Its "zero-bezel" frameless grille achieves an unobtrusive and contemporary appearance well-suited for use in restaurants and night clubs, retail spaces, houses of worship, convention facilities, universities, and office buildings. Installing the grille requires no hardware or tools, utilizing powerful magnets to hold it in place. A safety tether is included to prevent the grille from ever falling from the ceiling.
Unitized construction of the subwoofer enclosure simplifies specification and installation for use in new and existing ceilings. Mounting the subwoofer is facilitated using rugged, 2-step toggle clamps integrated
- 8" polypropylene woofer with rubber surround for deep, full low end
- Optimized dual front ports for enhanced bass response
- Phase plug for reduced beaming at higher frequencies
- Built-in 60 Watt 70/100V multi-tap transformer
- Zero-bezel frameless grille for a clean, contemporary appearance
- Integral metal back can with top and side conduit knockouts
- Two-step toggle clamps for fast, easy installation
- Includes tile bridge for installation in a drop-tile ceiling
- Meets the requirements for installation in an environmental air-handling space
- 100 Watts program power handling at 8 Ohms
- 45Hz-125Hz frequency response
- Available in black or white
- Paintable to blend with surroundings