2-way pendant speakers to provide extended low-frequency response for music and sound reinforcement applications. Includes the same solid construction and feature enhancements as other Saros models to ensure quick and easy installation.
Saros speakers by Crestron® deliver professional grade performance and flexible installation in a range of popular sizes for demanding commercial applications. Solid construction, easy installation, and high-end components are hallmarks of the Saros speaker line. Ideal for use in background or foreground music, paging, and sound reinforcement systems, Saros speakers are engineered to achieve smooth, even coverage, high output, and clear, natural sound quality.
The Saros PDS8T model is an 8 inch pendant subwoofer designed to provide extended low-frequency response for music and sound reinforcement applications. Power handling is 100 Watts (program) at 8 Ohms, with a tailored frequency response of 45 Hz to 125 Hz (±3 dB) and a usable range down to 35 Hz. A built-in 60 Watt multi-tap transformer allows for use with 70 and 100 Volt distributed speaker systems.
Through careful tuning of its built-in low-pass filter and dual front ports, the Saros PDS8T is optimized to work with Saros 4, 6, and 8 inch full-range speakers without requiring a crossover. This valuable asset allows multiple full-range speakers and subwoofers to be connected to the same speaker line and driven by a single 70 or 100 Volt amplifier, saving considerable cost without compromising performance. Of course, the Saros PDS8T also excels as part of a biamplified sound system such as the Sonnex® Multiroom Audio System, which can be configured to employ a dedicated subwoofer amplifier channel with active 2-way crossover.
The Saros PDS8T is designed to be suspended from a ceiling truss in an open-ceiling environment. Its clean, contoured enclosure achieves an attractive appearance in restaurants and night clubs, retail spaces, houses of worship, convention facilities, universities, and office buildings. Weatherized construction allows for use in outdoor entertainment venues, patios, and swimming pools. To facilitate installation, a 12 ft (3.65 m) length of wire rope with attached snap hook is supplied. Securing the wire rope to the truss and adjusting it to the desired length is accomplished quickly and easily using the provided Gripple® self-locking wire rope grip.
- For open-ceiling applications
- Weather-resistant for use under eves and in semi-enclosed spaces
- 8" polypropylene woofer with rubber surround for deep, full low end
- Optimized dual front ports for enhanced bass response
- Phase plug for reduced beaming at higher frequencies
- Built-in 60 Watt 70/100V multi-tap transformer
- 100 Watts program power handling at 8 Ohms
- 45Hz-125Hz frequency response
- Rigid glass fiber reinforced ABS construction
- Magnetically attached steel frameless grille
- Available in black or white
- Paintable to blend with surroundings
- Includes wire rope hanger assembly with Gripple® hardware for quick and easy installation