Crestron RoomView Express is the first and only real time, multi-user help desk software to deliver complete global network control of AV resources. RoomView Express is simple to install on any PC and runs in a similar manner to a local application like Microsoft Word or Excel. Just double click the icon and RoomView immediately opens. The client provides a real-time Control and Network Operations Center for true helpdesk functionality.
RoomView Express works seamlessly with all of the Crestron award-winning control systems and touchpanels to manage an entire network of AV devices and subsystems. With an efficient point and click interface, there's no need to deal with a confusing array of cluttered screens; from any PC on the LAN or WAN, RoomView Express offers a simple "at-a-glance" view of the entire control system network. No other professional AV help desk software can match the capability of RoomView Express to monitor hundreds of rooms, in real time, in a single view.
RoomView allows administrators and support staff to manage AV resources, perform remote system diagnostics, track the usage of projector lamps, log network activity, and automate tasks through event scheduling. An ideal master controller, RoomView remotely locks out selected rooms to prevent unauthorized use of TVs, CD players, and other AV equipment. In fact, RoomView can track any Crestron-based function, including lights, audio levels, motion detection, temperature, and more. Interactive help desk capabilities allow users to send help requests from their touchpanel or Web browser. Support staff can send instant text messages to the touchpanel, alert e-mail contacts, and even launch e-Control2 to control the room and its AV equipment.
Imagine managing all the AV devices and Crestron-based functions throughout a facility with hundreds of rooms, allowing staff to log on and perform system tasks while limiting their access to restricted areas, and automatically sending e-mail alerts to any number of recipients based on their assigned status, all from any computer connection on the network. With built-in logging, report, and chart generation, organizations can quickly determine equipment and purchasing needs, user activity and room usage. Tasks that could typically take days to complete are reduced to a few mouse clicks with RoomView Express.
- Supports 250+ rooms
- Client/server topology allows unlimited users with password log-in
- Assignable user permissions for room access and functionality - restrict system power and display device power control to authorized staff
- Restrict user access to specific rooms
- Run multiple instances of RoomView - help desks running on individual computers can share room information and logging data
- 2 users - 1 administrator with full rights and 1 user with view/control permissions only
- Real-time facility-wide monitoring and control of AV devices and systems
- Fully customizable graphical interface with easy-to-read status icons
- Display status of virtually any function - lights, audio levels, room occupancy, online status, temperature...
- Track projector lamp life in bar graph format
- Instant notification of help requests, service reminders, device failures, device removal or theft
- E-mail alerts to unlimited recipients with assignable contact attributes
- Fully interactive help desk with 2-way instant messaging to/from room touchpanels
- Links to live room Webcams and e-Control®2 control pages
- Time and date stamping of help requests
- Built-in event scheduling
- Built-in logging, report, and chart generation - track device usage, call statistics, and user history
- Built-in asset manager - assign devices to rooms, track and schedule maintenance and lifespan, register serial numbers, and manage maintenance contracts
- ODBC database integration for SQL Server and Sybase
- Windows Event Log support for integration with 3rd party applications