The Zum™ Net Wireless Gateway (ZUMNET-GATEWAY) is a 2-way RF wireless transceiver designed for use with Crestron® Zum Net wireless devices. Specifically, it enables wireless communication between the Zum Floor Hub (ZUM-FLOOR-HUB) and any rooms on the floor equipped with a Zum Network Bridge (ZUMMESH-NETBRIDGE). Networking each room with the Zum Floor Hub allows each room to be centrally monitored, managed, and controlled as part of a complete Zum enterprise lighting solution. Using Zum Net wireless technology affords fast, easy installation and configuration without wires.
Zum Across the Enterprise
Zum delivers cutting-edge wireless lighting control and heightened energy efficiency for the intelligent enterprise. With each room wirelessly networked to a Zum Floor Hub, Zum synergizes lighting control across the enterprise by providing centralized monitoring, management, and reporting capabilities. Zum Net wireless communication is enabled by simply adding a Zum Network Bridge to each room and pairing it with the Zum Net Wireless Gateway, which connects via Ethernet to the Zum Floor Hub’s Control Subnet port.
Zum Net Wireless Technology
Ultra-reliable Zum Net wireless technology provides steadfast 2-way RF communications throughout a commercial structure without the need for physical control wiring. Employing a Wi-Fi® friendly 2.4GHz mesh network topology, every Zum Net device acts as a routing node, relaying wireless commands between the Zum Net gateway and all the other Zum Net devices to ensure that every command reaches its intended destination without disruption. Each Zum Net device that is added to the network effectively increases the range and stability of the entire network by providing multiple redundant signal paths. The wireless range between any two Zum Net devices is typically 50ft (15m).
Setting up a network of Zum Net devices is simple, utilizing dynamic discovery to locate and acquire each device automatically. The Zum Net gateway can support up to 100 Zum Network Bridges. A complete Zum enterprise lighting system commonly consists of multiple Zum Net gateways and Zum floor hubs dispersed throughout a building or campus, all networked together via Ethernet.
- Enables Zum™ Net wireless communication for a single Zum Floor Hub
- Supports up to 100 Zum network bridges
- Ultra-dependable Zum Net mesh network technology
- Dynamic discovery for fast, easy setup
- Wi-Fi® friendly channel auto-selection for trouble-free operation
- Built-in RF network diagnostics
- 50ft (15meters) range to nearest Zum Net device
- Compact “IFE small” form factor
- Surface or DIN rail mountable using bracket provided
- Available rack mount and pole mount options
- Antenna extender available separately
- High-speed Ethernet interface
- 24VDC or PoE network powered
- PoE injector or 24VDC power pack sold separately