The DM 6680 F is a fully digital flush-mounted conference unit in the DCS 6000 Digital Conference System.
The unit is designed as a fully featured conference unit with chip card reader, voting and channel selector functionality. It features a microphone button, a chip card reader, five voting buttons, a headphone jack, a channel selector, a loudspeaker and a lockable XLR microphone connector.
The microphone button enables the user to activate/deactivate the microphone either directly or by a request to speak. A button LED indicates whether the microphone is on (red LED) or in request to speak mode (green LED).
The floor channel is distributed through the built-in loudspeaker except when the microphone is turned on. The user can also listen to the floor channel by inserting headphones in the headphone jack and adjusting the volume with the volume buttons. Optionally, the channel selector can be used for listening to an interpretation channel.
The voting buttons enable the user to participate in attendance checks, 3-button or 5-button voting sessions. Attendance checks and voting sessions are initiated from the SW 6000 or a DC 6990 P conference unit.
Access to the unit can be restricted by the use of login with chip cards. Chip card login is enabled from the SW 6000 and is only available in combination with the SW 6000.
The DM 6680 F can be used in combination with the gooseneck microphones GM 652x or GM 6622 or the boundary microphone BM 6620.
The gooseneck microphones GM 652x or GM 6622 can be locked to the unit with a 2 mm hex key. The lock is accessible from the small hole to the right of the XLR socket. Turn the hex key clockwise to enable the lock and insert the gooseneck microphone into the XLR socket. Turn the hex key counter clockwise to disable the lock and remove the gooseneck microphone.
The boundary microphone BM 6620 can be retrofitted by replacing the XLR insert in the plastic adaptor with the boundary microphone. The molex mini-connector fits with the microphone connector on the PCB.
- The DM 6680 F has the following standard features:
- Standard conference unit for delegates
- Fully digital audio transmission
- Daisy chain topology with loop-through connections or star topology using junction boxes
- CAT 5e (or higher) F/UTP or U/FTP cabling
- Maximum 3800 conference units per system
- Support for four microphone operation modes; Automatic, FIFO, Manual and VOX (voice activation)
- Support for three microphone interrupt modes enabling 'ping pong' mode
- Auto off of microphones
- Lockable XLR gooseneck microphone connector
- A high-quality loudspeaker
- One channel selector supporting the floor channel and 31 interpretation channels
- One headphone jack
- A chip card reader
- One microphone button with LED indicators for speak and request to speak
- Five voting buttons for:
- 3-button voting
- 5-button voting
- Attendance check