Optimized behind-the-firewall delivery, social video capabilities and improved user interface support rapid growth of user adoption
ORLANDO, Fla. — InfoComm Booth 1131/UBTech Booth 301 – June 13, 2017 — Sonic Foundry, Inc. (NASDAQ: SOFO), the trusted global leader for video creation and management solutions, today announced the latest release of Mediasite Video Platform at UBTech, June 12 – 14, and InfoComm, June 14 – 16 in Orlando, Fla.
Updates to the video platform that support the rapid growth in Mediasite use include:
• Additions to its broad family of capture solutions
• More social and collaboration tools in its video portal
• Optimized live- and behind-the-firewall streaming
• Improved workflows and overall experience for user-generated content creators
There were more than 50 million views of Mediasite content in 2016, reflecting 34% growth year-over-year.
More Flexible and Economical Capture Options
Sonic Foundry will be showcasing the latest in its suite of video capture solutions that, when paired with Mediasite Video Cloud, offer the most reliable hands-off video platform to meet the needs of any teaching, learning or training environment.
“Mediasite Video Cloud together with our new campus-wide software capture options represent a great starting point for customers who need to scale economically, but also recognize the value of our integrated, purpose-built appliances for more complex integration and quality applications,” said Rob Lipps, executive vice president, Sonic Foundry.
Mediasite Catch is a software recording solution that is scalable, reliable and economical for A/V-light learning and training spaces. Catch enables day-to-day video and content recording from classroom podiums and supports both automated schedules and ad-hoc workflows in as many classrooms as needed.
Mediasite Join is an automated capture service for recording and managing video-conference-based calls, meetings and distance learning. Join extends the value of organizations’ video conference investments by seamlessly integrating with leading conference services and bridges from Cisco, Zoom, Polycom, Vidyo, Lifesize and Sony to share valuable knowledge, engage employees and students, improve communication and support a culture of collaboration.
Further Enhancements/Improvements to Mediasite Video Platform include:
• Optimized live- and behind-the-firewall streaming with Mediasite Deliver: Mediasite’s built-in intelligent streaming understands the browser and device the user is coming from. The end-user experiences a high-quality live or on-demand streaming experience, and has the ability to play premium content plug-in free and app-free on any browser or device, thanks to the adoption of MPEG-DASH for on-demand streaming and HLS for live streaming. Behind-the-firewall delivery is optimized via a strategic partnership and integration with Ramp’s best-of-breed eCDN and network caching solutions.
• New social video capabilities: Mediasite Showcase, a secure video portal to curate, spotlight and view live and on-demand content, supports deep engagement by allowing users to comment on videos and build custom video playlists that are easily sharable with colleagues, classmates and partners. Showcase also encourages content discovery with its powerful search and social sharing.
• Intuitive design and user experience: Enhanced user interface in My Mediasite, the easy-to-use personal capture software for anyone to record screencasts and video content from their laptop or computer, improves workflows and increases efficiency.
About Sonic Foundry®, Inc.
Sonic Foundry is the trusted global leader for video capture, management and streaming solutions. Trusted by educational institutions, corporations and government entities, Mediasite Video Platform quickly and cost-effectively automates the capture, management, delivery and search of live and on-demand streaming videos and rich media. Mediasite transforms communications, training, education and events for more than 4,300 customers in over 65 countries. Leading analyst research firms Aragon, Forrester, Wainhouse and Frost & Sullivan recognize Sonic Foundry as a leader in enterprise video, webcasting and lecture capture.