TASCAM Hi-Res Editor is a new, free application that plays and edits up to 11MHz DSD or 384kHz WAV files. The software allows playback and export of DSD files without converting to PCM audio. This app is available now as a free download for Windows and Mac.
DSD Audio can be played through USB devices that support it, such as the TEAC UD-501, UD-503 and HA-P90SD. In cases where a PCM interface is used, or even the computer’s built-in audio, the software automatically plays DSD back through the interface at any sample rate. A section of the DSD recording can be exported as a new file, either in DSD or WAV format, to separate one long performance into individual tracks. Two DSD files can also be combined into a new file, for example when a file over 2GB is divided. In addition to the above, Hi-Res Editor can change the gain of WAV format audio.
Ideal for users of TASCAM’s hi-resolution recorders like the DA-3000, this free Hi-Res Editor software is one of the only ways to edit native DSD master recordings.
- Edits high-resolution DSD and PCM files
- DSD: supports up to 2.8–11.2 MHz
- PCM: supports up to 44.1–384 kHz at 16/24/32-bit
- Mono and stereo audio files supported
- Edit native DSD files without conversion to PCM
- Runs on Windows (using the Windows standard audio driver or ASIO 2.1)
- Runs on Mac (using the Mac standard audio driver or Core Audio)
- 11.2MHz DSD/DSF is not played back natively, but converted during playback to another supported sampling frequency
- Convert audio files from DSD to PCM or PCM to DSD
- Convert PCM sampling frequencies and bit depths
- Combine function allows two files to be joined
- Edit high-res audio with the computer's built-in audio
- Free download from the TASCAM website