The Cisco Unified Communications portfolio of voice and IP communications products and applications enables organizations to communicate more effectively - helping them to streamline business processes, reach the right resource the first time, and improve revenue sales and profitability. The Cisco Unified Communications portfolio is a critical part of the Cisco Business Communications Solution - an integrated solution for organizations of all sizes that also includes network infrastructure, security, and network management products, wireless connectivity, and a lifecycle services approach, along with flexible deployment and outsourced management options, end-user and partner financing packages, and third-party communications applications.
- Cisco IOS-XE Software-based hardware: The hardware includes uniform Cisco Command-Line Interface (CLI) and Simple Network Management Protocol Version 3 (SNMPv3) support for ease of gateway configuration and operation.
- Robust voice quality: Cisco experience in providing toll-quality packet-voice service helps ensure that the Cisco VG450 provides the clear, robust voice quality end users have come to expect from telephony services.
- Investment protection: Customers can continue to use existing analog phones, fax machines, and modems while taking advantage of IP telephony. Basic analog phone connectivity is needed when the infrastructure (wiring) or application does not support or req
- High availability: The Cisco VG450 has four Gigabit Ethernet ports to enable link redundancy configurations toward the LAN. Customers will experience less voice downtime due to WAN link failure.
- Cisco VG450 powered by high-performance multicore processors: In this platform, power redundancy will be available by installing an optional integrated Cisco Redundant Power System (RPS), thereby decreasing network downtime and protecting the network from
- Reduced barrier to entry: The Cisco VG450 provides a low-cost alternative for low-end analog phones and allows organizations to take advantage of IP telephony with a lower overall IP telephony investment.